I said in my last post we were going to try potty-training again this week. Well, yesterday I kept saying, "Come on, let's go use the potty". A few times, K thought that might be a good idea. During one of our last attempts for the day, he got more than a little upset when he asked for M&M's and I told him those were reserved for him when he used the potty (I used more "kid friendly" language though). Well, I helped him put his Pull-Up back on and I went in the kitchen to get supper ready. All of a sudden I hear from the bathroom a gasp and the sound of M&M's hitting the floor. Little Man had climbed up on his stool, gotten the little Tupperware thingie of M&M's and somehow managed to pry the lid off. Only, he didn't exactly do it with the patience and gentleness that must be used with Tupperware tops. The M&M's flew out of the container in a "rainshower of candy" sort of way and landed on the floor. Every 2-year old's dream had come true for K. I went in the bathroom, and he had that "deer in headlights" look. I'm sure if he could have put all his thoughts into words, it would have been something like, "Wow! Look at all this candy! Hey, how did you get in here so quick? Next time, I'll try to be more stealthy. Could we get some Tupperware with easier-to-remove tops, please?" I asked L to get the broom so I could sweep them up. I would have taken a picture of K, surrounded by his candy-coated dream come true, but I was afraid if I left him too long he would choke himself trying to consume all those bright, colorful pieces of candy before I got back.
And as for potty-training, he's not too much into it. Today he is back in diapers. Oh well. As long as he doesn't start Kindergarten in diapers, it will be okay.
16 years ago



3 comments:
Just think...it'll keep the girls away!! I can just imagine his face when you saw him...that's priceless!
Just think of the funny potty training stories you can share!
I'll remember not to ask you for potty training advice when I start potty training Hayden! :o) That's a great story! :o)
Post a Comment