Monday, March 2, 2009

My Expensive Lapse of Sanity

My last post detailed our most recent doctor's office visit - a check-up for Lindsey last week. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I thought, "Hmmmm....going to the doctor's office with all these germs floating around is probably not the best idea." What did I do? You guessed it...completely ignored the voice of reason trying to talk to me. I knew I had made a serious mistake when K decided to lick the side of the bathroom sink at Children's Medical - nice. I knew I would be paying for my "lapse of sanity", as I am now calling it. Well, today the bill came for this temporary insanity. I took K to the dr. today, fully convinced he had the flu. Nope, I was wrong. His flu test was negative. Instead, he has pneumonia. So Dr. Myers sent us home with an antibiotic and instructions to call her in a few days if he is not doing much better. My lapse of sanity cost a total of $134, plus all the time we'll be stuck inside all week. So, if you're ever thinking of taking your children to the doctor for check-ups in the WINTER (I am so dumb!), please call me first so I can bring you back to your senses. One positive aspect of this - K is too little to understand that it's really my fault that he is sick. And none of my friends reading this will ever tell him....right? :)

1 comment:

The Patterson 5 said...

Who knows he could have picked up those germies at the grocery store or in the church nursery....you just never know. I hope he's feeling better and your secret is safe with me!