16 years ago
Friday, April 10, 2009
Good Friday
Today is Good Friday. When I was little, I often wondered why we called it "Good" Friday - I mean it is the day that Jesus died, after all. But as I got older it became clear to me - it was "Good" Friday because by His death and, more importantly, His resurrection, He brought salvation! We were doomed to an eternity apart from God because of our sins. But, praise God, He made a way for us! The Bible tells us that "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23) That "falling short of the glory of God" is what dooms us to an eternity without Him. But, that's not the end of the story - Romans 5:8 tells us, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." "While we were still sinners" - can you imagine dying for someone so unlovely as us? That's exactly what Jesus did - the Son of God, perfect in every way, CHOSE to die for us...so that we could spend eternity with God. We also learn in Romans "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved" (Romans 10:9). "Saved" - what a beautiful word - saved from an eternity separated from the love of God. I praise God that at the age of 12, He called my name and I asked Him to be my Savior. All we must do is confess with our mouth and BELIEVE in our hearts, and He will save us. I thank God that He has made a way! Do you know Him?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Daily I am amazed by His mercy and grace to all of us! Thanks for this beautiful reminder of His enourmous love for us on this Good Friday
Post a Comment