
Last night, we were saying prayers before bedtime. In my prayer, I said "Please be with our city leaders, our state leaders, and our country's leaders. Please help our President to follow Your will as He leads our country." L interjected with, "Momma, he's not alive anymore." Since they are studying early presidents, I guess she thought they were all deceased. I told her no, that we do have a President. She said, "I think a President is someone who wears black all the time, a very uncolorful man. And he probably has long curly gray hair." I can only assume that this picture of a president she has conjured up in her head is from the pictures she has seen of Abraham Lincoln (wearing all black, as in her picture) and George Washington (the long curly gray hair). No sweetie, all Presidents don't look like our founding fathers, but we should pray that our country would return to the godly principles upon which it was founded...



1 comment:
Very nice picture...priceless story! History can be confusing to our little ones!
On inaugaration day Sam said today Martin Luther King Jr got to be President. They studied Martin Luther King Jr the day before.
Post a Comment