Monday, August 10, 2009

1st Grade!

I cannot believe I have a first grader now. We went to her school Friday to meet her teacher. She reminds me a lot of L's Kindergarten teacher - young, fun, and energetic. This morning, L was in our room at 5:20 ready to get dressed for school! I hope this enthusiasm continues. :) By 6:15 we were both dressed, fed, and ready to go. I took a few pictures, drove her to school, and walked her into her classroom. She was smiling when I left - she was so excited that she has her very own desk this year (all the desks are pulled together to make small tables in the classroom, but it is a desk nonetheless). She told me on the way to school that she was a little nervous because she doesn't know anyone yet, but that she was also very excited. I think she is going to have a great year!

No comments: