16 years ago
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Calling ALL Germs!!!
Attention, attention! Calling all germs! If you are a nasty germ at Children's Medical Group, our son would just LOVE to meet you. Okay, I guess I'll back up here. Today, I made a very amateur mommy mistake, one that I am quite sure I'll be paying for later. I took my very healthy children to the doctor's office for routine check-ups. This would not normally be a problem, but the flu has been ravaging our town (and everyone else's from what I understand) for several weeks. For those of you who know me, you know that I am **somewhat** of a germaphobe. I keep my bottle of hand sanitizer with me all the time, especially in the winter, and I usually have Wet One antibacterial wipes with me too. I thought I was going to lose it in the doctor's office today. Every time I turned around, K was sticking his fingers in his mouth, in his eyes, or up his nose. If there was any chance of us getting out of there without some dread disease, he blew that chance when we went to the bathroom to get a urine sample from L. As I held the cup under her, (sorry for the mental picture, but that's mommyhood) trying very gently to say "HURRY PLEASE!!", he decided the most productive use of his time would be to put his mouth all over the side of the bathroom sink. I was so proud of this creative use of time. When I checked out I told the sweet receptionist that we would be seeing them again in 7-10 days. I can only imagine the little germs breeding in his little body. Oh, and I cancelled his check-up appointment for tomorrow (as if he hasn't been exposed already to EVERY germ in this city!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh dear! He sounds like Sam at that age. I'd take great pains to carefully wipe down the grocery cart only for him to at the end of the trip when I'd lifted him out to walk over to an unsanitized cart and lick it! Uggghhhhh! May his immune system be ever so strong as to combat whatever germ he ingested!
yep!I had to take Man Man to the Dr. for ear infections (see my blog) and I told him do NOT TOUCH ANYTHING. I couldn't believe we had to go to the Dr. during this horrible flu month! So I feel your pain. I'm be praying that (as we would say in the hospital) God blesses the germs!
Post a Comment